So I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love jalapeno poppers! That ooey gooey cheesy fried deliciousness is serious heaven in my mouth! However, that is not something I often indulge in 1. It is super unhealthy and 2. The cheese DESTROYS my stomach! But, why not have a healified version stuffed into a chicken?
I highly recommend this recipe! Unfortunately, I didn’t measure the exact amounts when I made this, but I love this chicken way too much not too share with all of you!!
Please let me know if you give it a try!
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- ½ - 1 diced jalapeno (depending on how hot you want it)
- Nutritional Yeast
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the cottage cheese and diced jalapeno. Then in a separate bowl mix nutritional yeast, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Butterfly chicken breasts then stuff the cottage cheese jalapeno mixture inside the chicken breasts.
- Take the nutritional yeast mixture and sprinkle onto the top of the chicken breasts until they are completely covered.
- Bake for about 40 minutes (my chicken breasts were large).
- Once the chicken cooks through put the oven on broil for 2 -3 minutes to make the top a little crispy.
- I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do!