I have not had a mugcake in a while and I forgot how easy and good they are! You literally feel like you are having something so special and a treat, yet it’s healthy and takes no time to make! And this recipes is amazing with whipped banana “cream cheese” and date sauce!
What is a mugcake you ask? Well you make a cake inside a mug! Hence the name mugcake!
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Flour
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup Liquid Egg Whites (or 2 Egg Whites)
- ¼ of a Banana
- ¼ teaspoon Butter Extract
- Optional : Top with cacoa nibs
- ¼ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ¼ of a Banana
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Deglet Dates or 1 Medjool Date (pitted)
- Blend all of the ingredients together. Spray a mug with non-stick spray. Then pour the mixture in a mug and microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds until cake rises and cooks in the center. Make sure not to overcook or it will become dry
- Blend all ingredients together until it becomes a whipped consistency.
- Pour water over dates (enough to cover dates) and refridgerate overnight or for a few hours to soak. Then place just the dates in the food processor and blend until they become a saucy consistency. You can add back in some of the date water if you want the sauce a little more liquidy.
I get all my non-perishable items, such as the peanut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cacao nibs, almond milk and dates in this recipe from vitacost. Click the link to save $10 off $30