I am lucky enough to live in Los Angeles where the weather is always beautiful (almost anyways)! Today I am decked out in some Target attire. Both the floral jeans and loafers are from Target and are under $30. What a steal! Definitely puts me in the mood for this 85 degree weather
Onto my DELICIOUS breakfast! It was my first time making and eating Oat Bran and I have to say I am super impressed with the texture and flavor.
So what is the deal with Oat Bran???
It helps lower cholesterol: it contains soluble fiber, which reduces the low-density lipoprotein (LDL), otherwise known as the “bad” cholesterol. The soluble fiber reduces the absorption of cholesterol into the bloodstream.
Oat Bran helps with feeling full: once it enters the digestive tract the soluble fiber absorbs water and forms a gel-like substance, creating a feeling of fullness.
Oatmeal vs. Oatbran: oat bran contains about 50% more fiber and soluble fiber than oatmeal, making it more effective at lowering cholesterol and helping digestion. It also has more protein, calcium, iron, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, magnesium, and zinc. Also, the texture of oat bran is creamier than oatmeal.
VANILLA PROTEIN OAT BRAN
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup oat bran
- 1 scoop About Time Cinnamon Swirl Whey Protein (25% off code: FANTASTICALLYFIT)
- ⅛ tsp vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil then add oat bran and protein powder. Mix until desired consistency.
- Once mixture is done add vanilla extract.
- I then mixed mine with a handful of goji berries and let it sit in the fridge over night.
- The next day I microwaved it for 1 minute and topped it with almond milk, blueberries, cinnamon, chia seeds, and unsweetened coconut.