I have a notoriously bad sweet tooth and I am always looking for healthy alternatives to help with my cravings! Allow me to introduce my amazingly delicious Flourless Mango Mini Muffins! Why mini? Well isn’t mini everything more fun? Plus, then I get to trick myself into thinking I get to eat more!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1½ tsp psyllium husk
- ¼ cup baking stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp egg whites
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup diced fresh or frozen mango or raspberries (any berry would work)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Separately in a blender/food processor blend the wet ingredients together. EXCEPT the fruit!
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and then fold in the mango or berries.
- If using berries pulse blend a few times to mix berries in the batter.
- Spray mini muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups ~3/4 the way full.
- Bake minis for about 15-20 minutes and bake regular size muffins for about 30-35.
- ENJOY! I personally like to eat them cold!
This recipe can be made PALEO by substituting the stevia for maple syrup.