I love all things desserts: cookies, cake, cheesecake, ice cream, brownies and more! As much as I try to eat healthy, I tend to be of the mindset that if I’m going to have a dessert, I don’t want it healthified, I want the real thing. That is why you don’t see a ton of healthified dessert recipes on my blog. However, this dessert is worthy of me eating it- even though it is healthified! These cupcakes took me 3 times to perfect, but they are officially perfected and I am in LOVE. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Also, you may have noticed that these photos are way better then my normal professional iPhone photography (notice my sarcasm ) Well, that is because I got to work with the amazing Jodee of Jodee Debes Photography a few weeks ago and she took some great photos of me and my food! So enjoy these photos because aside from one other future post it will be back to my regular photos.
Without the frosting they are vegan! And trust me they are super tasty BOTH ways!
- 2 cups Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Ripe Banana Mashed
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- ⅓ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 8 oz ⅓ Less Fat Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- ¼ cup Swerve Powdered Sugar Substitute (Swerve is a natural sweetener that has zero calories, is non-glycemic, non-GMO and all natural)
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place cupcake liners inside cupcake tin.
- In one bowl mix your dry ingredients and set aside.
- With your mixer or food processor, mix all the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Then slowly pour in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Once cupcakes cool, frost with the frosting.
- If you are not using frosting these are GREAT served warm!
I got all my non-perishable items including the Swerve Powdered Sugar Substitute and Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips from vitacost.com. Use this link to save $10 off your first purchase of $30.