Simple ingredients and a simple recipe! I call that a win!
Healthy Sheperd's Pie
Author: From my dear friend Sandi, modified by Amy Clevenger, fantastically-fit
Recipe type: Entree
- ¾ lbs extra lean turkey
- Original Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- 1- 14.5 ounce can green beans (no salt added), drained
- 1- 14.5 ounce can stewed tomatoes (check ingredients to make sure there are no added sugars)
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Worchester Sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks.
- Boil the chunks until soft enough to mash.
- Then mash the potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling, sprinkle turkey with Mrs. Dash and brown the turkey in a pan.
- Mix turkey with the green beans, stewed tomatoes and Worchester sauce and put in the 8x8 pan.
- Then top the turkey mixture with the sweet potatoes spreading the sweet potatoes so they cover the turkey mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes and then broil for about 5 minutes or until the top gets crispy