I don’t know about you but I absolutely LOVE all comfort foods. I am talking french fries, cereal, milk shakes, and of course mac & cheese. However, since I try to eat healthy, I normally don’t allow myself to indulge in these items all that often. And when I want them I try to create “healthified” versions. Recently, I have been really craving Mac & Cheese. Sometimes when I try and recreate an unhealthy meal I eat it and feel unsatisfied. Not this time! This Mac & Not Cheese is amazing!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 Package Miracle or Shirataki Noodles (can also use spaghetti squash spaghetti, or regular pasta)
- ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese (TO MAKE VEGAN: Use soft tofu instead)
- ⅛ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 4 oz or 2 pieces of chopped kabocha squash (no skin)
- ⅛ cup Raw Cashews (or chopped chicken)
- Make pasta according to instructions.
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender - except the cashews- and mix with the hot pasta.
- The sauce will get all melty and amazing!
- Then top with cashews or chicken.
There will most likely be extra sauce. I like to save it for another meal or you can make your pasta extra saucy!
These are all approximations! I add more or less over everything to taste.