So I am on Day 16 of my Sugar Detox! Things have been going really well! I am really happy with how I am feeling and have been surprised by my lack of chocolate cravings! It is definitely something I plan to continue to some degree in the future when the 21 days are up!
Since being on this detox I have really had to re-think my meals and get a little creative with how to sweeten foods. I have been really wanting granola lately, but almost all store bought granola’s are made with some form of added sugar and most homemade ones are made with maple, agave, or honey (which I am not having during this detox). I have been loving dates and bananas to sweeten my oats etc. So I decided why not use banana to make my granola? And guess what? It was a success! Not only is this granola AMAZING! But, it also made the whole house smell heavenly!
Whats even better? The recipe is super simple!
And I may or may not have eaten the entire portion last night…..
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Apple Pie Spice (can omit)
- Mix everything together.
- Make sure the banana is mixed in really well with the nuts and oats.
- I added a ton of cinnamon and apple pie spice.
- Add as much as you want to taste.
- Place the mixture on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Make sure to spread the mixture so that it is all one layer.
- Bake at 325F for approximately 30 minutes.
- Half way through take the cookie sheet out and mix the granola and put it back in the oven for the remaining 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it to make sure the granola does not burn.
Great mixed with greek yogurt, as cereal, on top of a dessert etc