Parsnip French Fries is one of my favorite side dishes and a staple in my family! I remember when I first made parsnip fries many of my family members were pessimistic. They said things like, “What are parsnips?”, “I’m not going to like that!”, “There is no way they will taste like french fries!”. And guess what?! I proved them ALL wrong! Everyone was shocked at how amazingly similar to french fries they actually tasted. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!
- 6 Parsnips
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- ¼- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together: extra virgin olive oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt & pepper, set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin of the parsnips.
- Chop parsnips into french fry shape (the thinner they are cut the crispier they get).
- Toss the chopped parsnips in the mixture and mix until parsnips are coated with the mixture, then place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until crispy!
These are great with any seasonings! However, this is my favorite combo!