I love mashed potatoes and I am always looking for great healthy substitutes for them. I have made an amazing cauliflower mash which is in my eBook but I wanted to try something new. Since I love my parsnip fries so much, I decided to experiment with parsnips and see how it turned out. Well guess what?? They turned out awesome!!!
- 5 Medium Sized Parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Dried Onion Flakes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Optional: minced garlic, or garlic powder to taste
- Topping: Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- Place the chopped parsnips in a pot with water and steam until parsnips are soft. Place the parsnips and all the other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Top with more onion flakes and non fat greek yogurt