So as you know my hubby and I LOVE pancakes! For the most part, one of the main ingredients I use in my pancakes is protein powder. Like with my Hazelnut Coffee Pancakes, White Chocolate Cranberry Pancakes, Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pancakes, or my Chocolate Strawberry Pancakes. However, this time I wanted to try something different. I wanted to use no protein powder and I wanted to try using the Buckwheat Flour that had been sitting in my pantry for quite some time. Why did I want to use buckwheat flour?
Health Benefits of Buckwheat:
- High in protein.
-Helps with high blood pressure.
- Great for digestion.
- Gluten Free.
These pancakes turned out great! The texture was spot on and the PB & J flavor was awesome! Make sure to make the PB SYRUP! Because it rocks and adds to the flavor of the whole dish!
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- ¼ cup Peanut Flour
- 1¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Stevia Packets
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Whole Egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Butter Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Berries
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Peanut Flour
- Mix together all of the pancake ingredients until smooth.
- On a griddle or pan sprayed with non-stick spray on medium heat, place about ¼ cup of batter on pan per pancake.
- Allow it to cook flipping halfway through.
- While the pancakes are cooking make the jam by microwaving the berries in 30 second increments mashing with a fork in between until completely mashed. (This can also be done on the stove)
- With a whisk mix together the maple syrup and peanut flour until completely combined.
- Top the pancakes with the jam and pb syrup and inhale!