I made this Quinoa Tabbouleh recipe for a party and quadrupled it (which it turns out was WAY too much). Whoops!! So, I ended up with tons of leftovers, and I have literally been eating it every day since Saturday! But, I love it just as much everyday and it is so delicious and fresh tasting that I had to share it with you!
Recipe by: Bon Appetit
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber or 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring quinoa, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread out quinoa on a large rimmed baking sheet; let cool. Transfer to a large bowl; mix in 1/4 cup dressing. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover remaining dressing and quinoa separately; chill.
Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle remaining dressing over.
NOTE: I do not think the tabbouleh needs as much dressing as the recipe calls for. I recommend putting a little on and trying it before adding all of the dressing!