LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! It’s flavorful, it’s easy, and it’s a different take on a quinoa salad! These days I am all about meals that are also great the next day and the day after that. This is definitely one of those meals.
Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Author: Amy Clevenger, Fantastically-Fit.com
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Original Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- Sriracha Salt (optional)
- 1 cup Quinoa (I used Tricolor Quinoa)
- 1¾ cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 can- 15.25 ounces Southwestern Corn with poblano & red peppers
- 1 cup Black Beans
- ⅛ cup Packed Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup Cotija Cheese, crumbled
- Optional: Jalapeño, chopped
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place chicken on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Seasoning and Sriracha Salt. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Once the chicken is completely cooked chop it into bite size pieces.
- Place the quinoa, water and sriracha in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Once both the chicken and the quinoa are cooked mix all of the ingredients together. Drizzle more sriracha on the top if desired.
This is also great cold!
Serving size: 4-6 servings