OH MAN are these soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good (that is honestly not enough o’s). But, be warned- they are addicting! This recipe has been passed around from friend to friend and I received the recipe from my co-worker and friend Jodi. That is of course after she brought some in for me to try and I asked/demanded the recipe! After making them myself, and reliving there amazingness, I decided I had to share them with all of you!
These nuts are great to snack on during the week, to serve as an appetizer at a party, or in your holiday baskets! I used them as cute decorations and party favors for my Thanksgiving Dinner I hosted.
- 6 cups Unsalted Mixed Nuts (I used Costco's which had pistachios, almonds, pecans, and cashews. But, any mixture would work)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (depending on how much of a kick you want)
- 5 teaspoons Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take 2 baking sheets and cover with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large saucepan sprayed with non-stick spray on medium heat, place all the ingredients EXCEPT the nuts and only 3 teaspoons of the rosemary.
- Mix and stir occasionally until the mixture becomes syrupy.
- Once syrupy, place nuts in the saucepan and mix together.
- Spread the nut mixture in an even layer on both baking sheets and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, mix then bake for another 10 minutes mix, and then bake for 5 more minutes.
- After the full 25 minutes of cooking take out and mix in the last 2 teaspoons of rosemary.
- Allow to cool.
- Break up into small clusters and enjoy!