I love breakfast and I am almost always craving sweet over savory when it comes to my morning meal. I’m not perfect and sometimes I run out of fruit. GASP! So, now what? Introducing Tea Infused Egg White Oatmeal. I love tea infused oatmeal. Why? Because you can literally make your oatmeal taste like any tea that you have on hand!
Today I chose to infuse my oats with Starbucks Berryblossom White Tea. Since I wanted blueberries and didn’t have any.
This tasted just like the tea! I topped it with cinnamon and slice almonds yum!
- Tea Infused Egg White Oatmeal Recipe
- Recipe by: Amy Clevenger, Fit Fun and Fantastic
- - 2 tea bags
- - 1 cup water
- - ½ cup old fashioned oats
- - ½ tbsp chia seeds
- - Stevia, to taste
- - ⅓ cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- Steep the 2 tea bags in the hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to squeeze all the flavor out of the bags.
- Mix oats, chia seeds and stevia then add the tea water to the mixture.
- Microwave for approximately 2 minutes.
- Then stir in egg whites and microwave in 20 second increments stirring each time until egg whites are fully cooked (about 1 minute)
- That's it! Top with whatever your heart desires :)
Can ommit egg whites and just follow the previous steps.
Can also be made on stove top!