I love this time of year because Blood Oranges are in season!!! It breaks my heart that they are only here for such a short time, but I make sure to eat them in as many meals as possible while they are here! In my opinion Blood Oranges are like the prettier sweeter sister to the regular orange. I think the name Blood Orange was a bad decision, maybe Pretty Orange or Sangria Orange or Dark Red Orange instead?
Anyway back to this dinner! The tilapia was perfectly complimented by the sweetness and tartness of the blood orange mixed with the spice of the jalapeno! I highly recommend this dish!
- 4 Tilapia Filets
- Fiesta Lime Mrs. Dash Seasoning (or seasoning of choice)
- 2 Blood Oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- ⅓ cup Diced Red Onion
- 1-2 teaspoons Minced Jalapeno
- ½ tablespoon Better Body Foods Agave
- Juice of ½ a Lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the tilapia filets on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
- While the fish is baking place all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes to let the flavors settle together.
- Top the tilapia with the salsa and chow down!