Although I absolutely LOVE waffles and pancakes on the weekends, overnight oats are my go to on the weekdays. I eat them almost everyday and have posted my Coconutty Pineapple Overnight Oats on the blog already. Why are they my favorite weekday go to breakfast? Well, the short explanation is that it is a cold version of oatmeal. It tasted amazing and involves absolutely NO cooking! You just mix ingredients together and let the oats or oat bran soften in the refrigerator overnight (hence the name). Then just eat cold! Overnight oats are great for meal prep and when you are on the go!
This combo of lemon and blueberry is super refreshing and a great way to start your day on a positive note. Give them a try
- ⅓ cup Oat Bran (could also use old fashioned oats)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein or Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder (you can get both from About Time Protein use my 25% off code: FANTASTICALLYFIT to save)
- ½ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- Optional: Stevia
- Mix all the ingredients together and layer with blueberries.
- Refrigerate overnight and eat cold!
I get all my non-perishable items from vitacost.com. Use this link to save $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more.