I LOVE Polenta! It is a great healthy substitute for rice and other grains! The other night I made a Veggie Polenta Bake using pre-made polenta! This was great because it made preparing the meal a lot quicker then if I had to make the polenta. It was beyond amazingly delicious and great the next day too!
This is what the polenta looks like when it is already pre-made. I have seen this product at both Trader Joe’s and Sprouts. I am sure they carry pre-made polenta at other markets as well.
Okay now for the recipe!
- coconut oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- 1 red pepper,chopped
- Italian seasoning , salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1½ cup all-natural no sugar add marinara sauce
- prepared polenta, sliced in rounds
- nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with coconut oil spray. Then heat coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Put onion, red pepper, zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning onto the pan and cook.
- Stir occasionally until the vegetables soften.
- Then add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Stir the marinara sauce into the vegetables and mixed until warmed through.
- Place polenta slices in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Top with the vegetable marinara mixture.
- Generously sprinkle nutritional yeast on top.
- Bake until warm and a little browned. About 12 minutes.
- Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- DIG IN!!!!
Any type of vegetables would be great in this dish, so get creative!