I love the combo of chocolate and cherries, well lets be real any combo with chocolate I love I had a giant bag of frozen black cherries that had been staring at me every time I opened the freezer, so I decided it was time to create something with them and of course decided to make pancakes! The flavor of these pancakes is awesome not to mention super moist!
I used Jamie Eason’s Lean Body For Her Protein Powder to create the chocolate flavor. This brand is great because it is all-natural (sweetened with stevia), gluten free, and lactose free. Plus, with the addition of the protein (25 grams per scoop to be exact), it makes these pancakes great before or after a workout or to just keep you full for a longer period of time.
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 1 scoop Chocolate Lean Body For Her Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- ¼ cup Non Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Raw Mio Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (or any chocolate spread like Nutella)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Butter Extract
- ½ cup Frozen Black Cherries, chopped (any type of cherry fresh or frozen will work)
- In a mixer, mix together all of the pancake ingredients until smooth.
- On a griddle or pan sprayed with non-stick spray on medium heat, place about ¼ cup of batter on pan per pancake.
- Allow it to cook flipping halfway through. (Optional: sprinkle a few more chopped cherries on top before flipping).
- Serve warm with maple syrup!
- You can also add a few chocolate chips if you want to get crazy like i did :)