Have you heard of black bean pasta? It is sooo awesome! Per serving it has 25 grams of protein! Wowzer! Plus, I happen to love the texture and taste. I get my black bean pasta on vitacost. This recipe has such a great flavor and texture! I highly recommend!
- ½ a Yellow or Red Onion, sliced long ways
- 2 Bell Peppers (I used yellow and orange), chopped
- 2 Zucchinis, chopped
- ½ Jalapeno, diced
- 1.25 lbs Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 cups All Natural Marinara
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Herbamare Seasoning, to taste
- 7.05 oz Black Bean Pasta
- Place all the vegetables in a pan with coconut oil on medium heat and saute until veggies are cooked.
- In a separate pan place the turkey and cook until there is no more pink and turkey is cooked through.
- While the veggies and turkey are cooking, cook pasta according to directions.
- Once the turkey is cooked, place the marinara, red pepper flakes, italian seasoning and herbamare in the pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Mix everything together and serve.
I got the black bean pasta along with the other non-perishable ingredients from vitacost.com click this link to save $10 off your first purchase of $30!